I’ve been doing some thinking (as well as perusing some great book blogs), and I’ve decided to change the way I rate the books I read. As of right now, I’ve been using the x/10 method, but it’s pretty relative, and my 10/10 may be your 5/10! So, here’s my new system:
- 6 – New favorite, earns a place on the shelf of glory; would 100% read again
- 5 – I loved it! Will keep it, and read it again
- 4 – I really liked it! Will probably keep/read again
- 3 – I liked it. May or may not keep it/read again
- 2 – It was okay. Won’t be keeping it
- 1 – I had to force myself to finish it. Will not be keeping it or recommending to friends
- 0 – Did not finish. Burn it! (Not really; sell it back instead)
It’s a bit more definitive and quantifiable, yeah? I’ll be keeping my movie reviews at x/10, for now, so this isn’t applicable to the big screen!
Let me know what you think in the comments!
PS: Tomorrow (the 29th) is my 18th birthday, so I probably won’t be posting! I’ll be back with *hopefully* an excellent day to share with you all!