Last Friday I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Scribbled with Liner! She’s a makeup blogger with some great tips, and is infinitely more talented with eyeshadow than me. The Liebster Award is a way for bloggers to highlight some of their favorite blogs with less than 200 followers, and give them some of the attention they deserve!
Here are the rules:
- Link back the blogger that tagged you
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
So, here we go!
1. What do you do for a living? I teach Literature (American, World, and General, and hopefully British next year) and Algebra II at the homeschool organization I graduated from. I’m also a part time Chiropractic Assistant. In my free time (though I’m on a hiatus right now), I write books that I hope to publish one day.
2. Why do you blog? Because I was bored and lonely and internet friends are a lot better than real life friends! Just kidding… maybe. Also, blogging is fun and I love finding new books and people and things I’d have never known about otherwise!
3. What’s your preferred pastime (other than blogging)? Reading (shocker), fangirling (it’s a legit hobby – there’s hard work involved), watching tv and movies
4. What are three items of clothing you’d never wear? A high-low skirt (I end up looking like an oompa loompa), anything pleather, corduroy pants, and (bonus!) turtle necks.
5. What are three cosmetic products you’d never wear? Falsies (with the exception being when I was in dance recitals), a lip stain (unless it was a color I really liked), and bronzer (I look like Snooki – or maybe I just haven’t figured out how to use it properly)
6. What’s your favourite Disney movie? Mulan or Pocahontas! Oh wait… But I love Princess and the Frog and Tangled too!
7. If you were to compose your own signature scent, what would the top, middle and bottom notes consist of? I don’t know what that means, so I’ll just tell you my favorite scents: Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift (and I love her new self-titled one too: it’s going on my Christmas list!), Midnight Rose by Lancome, Japanese Cherry Blossom by Bath and Body Works, and Midnight Fantasy by Britney Spears.
8. You’re redecorating and painting your livingroom and bedroom. What are the before and after colours? Before, probably cream or white. After: the bedroom would probably be fandom themed, so colors inspired by my favorite books and shows, plus little items to represent all my loves. I’d be a bit more conservative with my living room, and probably go Alice in Wonderland themed, based off this picture that’s hanging in my room (sorry for the awful quality – I’m hoping to get a new camera soon!):
I’ll have sconces with cherry blossoms flanking a really intricate mirror, and this picture somewhere else. The walls would be a light blue-ish/robin’s egg blue. In black on one wall would be “We’re all mad here.” Oh and then couches would probably be black, because cream would get too dirty. And then I’d have pillows all over in pink, blue, and white!
9. What is the one place on earth you’d like to visit, more than any other? Ughhhhh why must you ask me these difficult questions?? I loved Scotland… and I’d love to go back, but Greece sounds good too!
10. What does beauty mean to you? I’ve started this question over three times now and you’re giving me an existential crisis so thanks a lot!
Beauty to me is when I find that book that speaks to me in a way that nothing else has before. When the book is no longer a spine and pages, but a person that can see right into the very depths of my soul and rip me wide open and let out everything that I trust very few people with. When I’m left absolutely raw after I read that last word, and the tears are streaming from my eyes because maybe it hurt me and reminded me of what I try to push away or it reminded me of the silver linings in life and why we all wake up every day. Or maybe, after, I say, “I want to be like that. I want to do the same thing for others what this book/character/author has done for me.” When a book makes that light shine in you, and everyone else can see it and knows that something incredible has happened, that’s beauty.
All right, now that I’ve gotten all passionate, here are my ten questions for the people I’m going to nominate:
1. How long did it take you to settle in to your blog (how you wanted to write, how you wanted to lay out your posts, what sort of graphics you wanted to use, what theme to use, etc.)?
2. How long have you been blogging, and what made you start blogging?
3. Give me a profile of yourself (age, location, job, school, some favorites, etc)?
4. What was your best memory in high school?
5. Who inspires you, and why?
And now for my bookish questions, because I am a book blogger after all!
6. What are your three favorite books?
7. What book has influenced you the most in your life?
8. Which character would be your best friend, if they were in the flesh?
9. What is your favorite book to movie adaptation?
10. If you could say one thing to your favorite author, what would it be and who would it be to?
And now here are my nominees!
1. secondchanced/MJ – she’s not a blogger, that I know of, but she’s on Goodreads and she always makes me smile when I see her comments, whether they’re on my blog or someone else’s! I’m going to make sure she sees this and puts her answer in the comments 😉
2. Angie at Disquietus – I’ve loved all her reviews, and I thought she would have had a lot more followers by now!
3. Ner at A Cup of Coffee and a Book – she has a little over 200 followers, but she still deserves this!
I feel like I’m repeating myself for each one of these but I just love all these bloggers! So, from here on, just know that I love them, they make my dash happy, and they totally deserve your follow.
4. Chiara at Books for a Delicate Eternity
5. Lauren at Book, Tea, & Me
6. Emory at Freak of Fandom
7. Lindsey at The Day Dreaming, Candy Eating, Red Headed Bookworm
8. Kate at whY.A.not?
Thank you again to Scribbled with Liner!