Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out their amazing blog here!
Today’s TTT topic is: Top Ten Covers I’d Redesign if I could. Ohhh this is going to be SO. MUCH. FUN. As a closet cover snob, I can finally let my freak flag fly! I’ve split it between the covers I’d love to change, and the covers I’m glad were changed when they were re-published.
1. Vampire Academy by Rachel Mead. The cover is the reason I haven’t picked up the book, to be perfectly honest. It looks like Angelina Jolie, and I don’t like her. That’s the only reason.
2. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor. Same thing as Vampire Diaries – I won’t read the book because of the cover. It just looks like a bad vampire masquerade tale.
3. Sometimes Never, Sometimes Always by Elissa Jeanine Hoole. I honestly don’t understand what the firefly jar has to do with anything in this book.
4. All of the Sarah Dessen books. I loved the old covers, and I don’t understand why they changed them! I mean, this one for Just Listen is pretty, but that first one was unique. All the new ones are very similar to each other, with the same gloss and generic images.
I’m Glad They Changed Them Covers
5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I like the new one – it’s more haunting.
6. Uglies by Scott Westerfield. I like the new covers ten times better. The first cover looks like a bad remake of The Lord of the Flies!
7. Looking for Alaska by John Green. I’m pretty sure this is the newer cover, but for whatever reason I didn’t get this one but the one with the smoke instead?? Either way, I like this one better. It represents more of the book I think.
8. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I mean… the new covers really don’t have anything more to do with the story, but they’re just so pretty to look at! Plus, that chick’s face on the hardcover looks weird, like they photo shopped it too much.
That’s my list for this week – link me yours below!