Hi there! Once again, it’s Sunday, and time for my weekly wrap up post, where I recap everything of note that’s happened in the last seven days, including my Stacking the Shelves post.
Post video update: ADSKFLDJ;GDSAN;V;DSKL. CATCHING FIRE. BEYOND AMAZING!!! It was my favorite book, and now it’s my favorite movie in the series. Josh as Peeta is just flawless, and Jennifer as Katniss… A+ casting they actually are those characters I can’t picture anyone else. And despite my hesitation over Sam as Finnick – he was perfect, and embodied everything I love about that character. My one complaint about the movie: they were missing the “how does it feel to be not pretty, Finnick?” part after the poison gas. An inconsequential scene in the long run, but I think it rounds out the wit and bright side of Finnick, not just the intense part of him.
Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. Check out her blog here! Basically, it’s a time where I get to show off all the books I got in the past week (purchased, netgalley, borrowed, etc).
- World After by Susan Ee
- Ignite by Erica Crouch
- The Brokenhearted by Amelia Kahaney
- Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick & Suzanne Young
- Among the Nameless Stars by Diana Peterfreund (Kindle)
- The First Star to Fall by Diana Peterfreund (Kindle)
- Jenny Pox by JL Bryan (Kindle)
- White Like Milk, Red Like Blood by Alessandro D’Avenia
- Monday – Review of Altered by Jennifer Rush
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday
- Wednesday – Review of Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Thursday – Discussion Post (not sure of topic yet)
- Friday – Review of Champion by Marie Lu
As always, this is a rough schedule, and I may add more or skip a day depending on how life rolls.
How was your week? Anything you’re looking forward to in the next few days? What sort of books did you pick up? And since it’s Thanksgiving week – what are you most thankful for? What are your plans? Do you participate in Black Friday?