Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out their amazing blog here!
Today’s TTT topic is: Top Ten Things I am Most Thankful For. Now this can be bookish or otherwise, so mine will probably be a blend of the two.
1. My mom and sister. They’re honestly my best friends, and I don’t know how I’d get through life without them. Even if they drive me insane sometimes… 😉
2. My jobs. I complain about them all the time, and never actually want to go to work, but when I’m there, I have fun. I like meeting new people at the office, and teaching is the highlight of my week. Maybe some weekends I’m burned out, but in the long run it’s worth it. Not to mention the fact that they mesh perfectly together and I was able to keep both part time jobs and now be able to afford the payments I need to make for cars, student loans, and everything else that comes along with becoming an adult.
3. My church family. This is something I never appreciated enough before. Maybe I don’t hang out with them all the time, or even know half their names, but as a whole they really took care of me and my family when we were struggling this sumer. They may not know exactly what’s going on, but they’re always there to listen and provide encouragement and support.
4. My health, mentally and physically. I had a rough patch for the last few months with headaches, back, shoulder, and neck pains, and overall exhaustion that lead to depression and anxiety. I’ve finally started to feel better, like I can take on life and whatever it throws at me. And I know that technically I wasn’t even sick, and I have friends with far more serious health problems than me, but I’m still thankful.
5. The friends I’ve made since starting blogging. Andi, Chiara, and Veronica in particular – you guys are amazing. Really everyone I’ve come in contact with has been so sweet and welcoming. It’s been an honor to fangirl and cry with you!
6. The guy who works at the tire place. Thank you for noticing that the lovely people who sold me my car hadn’t replaced the tires since 2005. Thank you for letting me know that I needed to replace them ASAP. Thank you for finding this out before I drove up the mountains. And THANK YOU for giving me that one thing to hold on to – “I have new tires, I’m safe” – so I didn’t have a full blown attack when I drove in fog so thick I couldn’t see one car length in front of me. I need to bring you a bag of chocolate some day.
7. My books. I know it’s cheesy, but I’m so thankful for them. They kept me company when I was lonely, took me away when reality was too much, and then reminded me of how sweet life can be, even when it hurts. They made me believe in happy endings, and to look with open eyes.
I could go on and on about each individual thing, but then this post would be thousands of words long and I’m sure you don’t want to read all that. Bottom line is: I’m thankful for more than I can even imagine. I don’t think I could ever list everything that I’m truly thankful for. Have a happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy your lovely food! And remember to thank the cook!
That’s my list for this week – link me yours below!