Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out their amazing blog here!
Today’s TTT topic is: Top Ten 2014 Release I’m Dying To Read. So I’m actually pretty bad at knowing when books are released… It usually goes like this: friend posts picture of their hardcover –> I say “wut” –> I google the thing –> OMG IT’S OUT –> there goes my budget. BUT! I did manage to scrape together ten books that I’m looking forward to reading next year.
1. The Treatment by Suzanne Young – April 29. I LOVED The Program, and even though I hadn’t expected a series, I’m ready to jump back into Sloane and James’ world!
2. Ignite Me + Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi – February 4. Now that I’m on board the #Chapter62 train, I’m 100% ready for Ignite Me. Plus, I’m still waiting for Adam to redeem himself. Actually, my one wish is that there will be a boxed set of all the hard covers, plus the two novellas all in one pretty set for me.
3. Cress by Marissa Meyer – February 4. Well… I haven’t even read Scarlet… But I already know I’m ready for Cress!
4. The Young World by Chris Weitz – July 29. So this one I’m still on the fence about, but I’m definitely intrigued. I’m waiting for some more reviews to filter in before I make my final decision.
5. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo – July 3. I WILL NOT SURVIVE PAST MY NINETEENTH BIRTHDAY. I’LL HAVE EXISTED AS A NINETEEN YEAR OLD FOR TWO WEEKS AND THEN MY DEATH CERTIFICATE WILL READ “DEATH BY STURMHOND’S INCREDIBLE WIT AND SASS AND DEPTH”.
[No cover yet – the day it shows up will be the day I die. I’ll be double dead.]
6. Where Silence Gathers by Kelsey Sutton – July 8. Where Silence Gathers was one of my unforeseen favorites of 2013, and I was beyond thrilled to find out it would be a series/companion novels.
7. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson – May 6. Andi and Veronica turned me to the Matson team – I’ve read Second Chance Summer, am reading Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour soon, and already want this third book.
8. Take Me On by Katie McGarry – May 20. I’ve only read Crash Into You, but I plan on reading the first two books in the series before Take Me On is released. I especially want to read Noah and Echo’s story ❤
[No cover yet]
9. Firefight by Brandon Sanderson – Fall. Steelheart was one of THE BEST books of 2013, and when I read that last paragraph I about had a heart attack. NOT FAIR.
[No cover yet]
10. Erased by Jennifer Rush – January 7. Another book I got hooked on thanks to Andi. We met through her pushing Altered on me, and then I won her giveaway for a preorder of Erased, and the rest is history! And now she and Veronica are the reasons I’ve been converted to a believer in contemporary. Plus – I need some more Nick. Sam, Cas, and Trev can disappear as long as I have my Nick ❤
That’s my list for this week – link me yours below!
PS – TODAY IS THE DAY I CUT MY HAIR. PICTURE TO COME IN A FEW HOURS!!! (I’m so excited – I know it’s just hair but this pixie cut has been five years in the making :D)