Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out their amazing blog here!
Edit: 10PM Monday night. I screwed this up and did next week’s prompt! So since I only have mobile and can’t write a post properly, I’ll just leave it and do the Top Ten of 2013 next week. Whoopsies!
Today’s TTT topic is: Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2014 (bookish, not bookish or a blend). I’m going to split it down the middle – five bookish resolutions and five life resolutions.
1. Only read what I want to read. Don’t request ARCs that I only have partial interest in, and DNF if I have to!
2. Take my time and enjoy my books. When I started reading again, I inhaled a book a day, sometimes two. And the truth is that I burnt out really fast. So I want to try and slow down a bit – be okay with not reading four hours a day. Savor the read! (Though if it’s amazing, I can’t promise I won’t stay up till 2 AM to finish it)
3. Don’t freak out about stats. My views have been up and down lately – with the downs being uncharacteristically low. Just realize that people have lives and my blog probably isn’t the most important thing to them!
4. Interact more! I’ve been so tired lately that I have a hard time leaving comments like I used to. I want to get back into tweeting and commenting and making even more blogging friends!
5. Stay in contact with the blogging friends I’ve made. Whether that means guest posts, having bookish chats, or just emailing/tweeting each other every once in a while – just stay in contact. I’ve met so many lovely people and I don’t want to lose them just because I’m shy!
6. Get back to the gym. I know it’s so cliche, but I really do need to do this. Since that thing happened in the summer, life’s gone crazy, and I’ve gained ten pounds. I want that off, plus some more!
7. Be more prepared. This relates specifically to my teaching position. I want to make sure I get ahead on planning so I’m not cramming at the last minute and feeling like I’m breathless every time I walk into a classroom.
8. Get healthy, mentally and physically. I guess this is kind of linked to #6, but not really. Mostly dealing with the anxiety/panic/depression, which leads into the headaches, neck stiffness, chest pain, and exhaustion. No more of that please!
9. Write my book. I’ve got two beta readers that keep asking me for chapters, and it’s high time I sat down and wrote this thing. It’s time to ignore all the voices, both in my head and what other people say, and do what I really want to with my life.
10. Pay off my debts. You know you’re an adult when money makes it to your list of resolutions. I want to get rid of those student loans!
That’s my list for this week – link me yours below!