I know we’re already into our second day of 2014, but I figured now is better than never to take a look back at the last year. I had such a great year of blogging, even if I didn’t start until last May. So technically these stats cover about seven months of reading and blogging!
Books read: 114 total
Four Star Ratings: 33 books
Three Star Ratings: 26 books
Two Star Ratings: 9 books
One Star/DNF Ratings: 9 books
Longest Book Read: Insurgent at 525 pages
Shortest Book Read: Forged at 32 pages
Total Number of Pages Read: 33868 pages
Reviews Posted: 111 reviews
Discussion Posts: 24 discussions
Most Popular Discussion: Seven Oddball Terms I’ve Come Up With Since Starting Blogging
Most Popular Review: White Like Milk, Red Like Blood by Alessandro D’Avenia
Search Term That Brought The Most Traffic: “logan merman smut” *fyi, what the heck? none of that on here!*
Most Commented-On Post: Help Me Pick Out My Sister’s Birthday Books! *you all were such a great help!!!*
Special Events of 2013
- I was approved for a Disney Hyperion title on NetGalley after being declined repeatedly for months
- I met Leigh Bardugo, Gennifer Albin, Jessica Brody, Ann Aguirre, and Marie Lu, and had all my books signed
- I met Veronica, and made several other friends – Andi, Chiara, and Lillian!
- I cut all my hair off and got the pixie cut that I’d been trying for for five years!
- I had a huge life change in July, and since then I had a lot of lows, but also a lot of highs. I’m a completely different person now, with so much more confidence and hope for the future.
What I’m Looking Forward to in 2014
- I started out the year with a bang, and got my second earring pierced. I finally got over my fear of needles, and it turns out that it didn’t hurt more than a pinch!
- Loads more change! So much happened in 2013, and I’m ready for the pieces to finally settle and we can move on with our lives in 2014. My main three goals are: improve my confidence, self esteem, and mental health.
- Writing my book, finally. It’s been too long since I put aside my passion for others. It’s time to focus on myself and my dreams.
- Marvel movies!!! X-Men: Second Class, Captain America: Winter Soldier, and Spider Man 2. Plus, Mockingjay pt. 1, The Hobbit: There and Back Again. And don’t forget Divergent, Vampire Academy, and The Fault In Our Stars!!! I’m sure I’m forgetting plenty more 😉
- Finishing all the book series I started. So many open ends right now – I need some closure
- I’m turning nineteen on June 29! It seems like it was just yesterday that I turned eighteen, and I’m already halfway to the next year! It’s also very close to the anniversary of the “event” from last summer, but I’m going to focus and enjoy that day because I refuse to let that taint my birthday. I’m looking forward to whatever happens as a nineteen year old!
Parting Words to 2013
To quote Dickens: it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. 2013 had some serious lows, and some serious highs. I’m beyond ready to say goodbye to it, and I have high hopes for 2014. As a closing to this post, I’ll share two things I found on tumblr that I thought were quite inspiring or helpful to me.
“2013 was the character development year; 2014 is the plot and action.”
“Remember: 2013 was a filler episode.”
Big and better things are waiting for this year, and I’m 100% ready for it!
How was your year? Anything special happen? What are your goals for the new year?