Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out their amazing blog here!
Today’s TTT topic is: Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon. Before I started watching all my favorite tv shows, and reading all these new books, since about February of last year, I was never a crier. But in the last year, the tear ducts are on OVERDRIVE! Here’s ten books that turned on the waterworks.
Just a Sniffle:
1. Looking for Alaska by John Green. So I don’t think I actually cried with this one, but it left me with that oddly empty feeling that precedes crying. So I was close, and LfA actually impacted me a lot more than the “full blown sobbing” books did.
2. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson. This was when I first adventured into contemporary, and the ending was so perfectly bittersweet that I couldn’t help but shed a tear.
3. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. I was so invested in Echo and Noah’s lives and their romance – I haven’t rooted for a couple like this EVER before. That ending was just amazing ❤
A Few Minutes of Tears:
4. Champion by Marie Lu. Champion combined all the break-neck pacing of the first two books, and added an emotional whallup that left me crying for several minutes after I finished. It was really bittersweet, but after mulling it over, I think it ended perfectly.
5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling. Despite the fact that I’ve read it at least eight times, the ending always gets me. Always.
Full Blown Sobbing:
6. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Honestly, this is the first book that made me cry this much. There have been others since then, but TFiOS was the first to reach in and take my heart in its fist. (I know everyone and their mother probably has this one on their list – but for good reason!)
7. Me Since You by Lauren Weiss. I won’t say why, because I’m posting my review tomorrow, but this book is one of those that felt like it was written for me – so much of it was applicable to my life. After the last page, I curled up into a ball on the couch and took a good five minutes to let it all out.
That’s my list for this week – link me yours below!
(Also: Ignite Me, Alienated, and Cress all released today! I can’t even contain my excitement! *party*)