Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out their amazing blog here!
Today’s TTT topic is: Top Ten Books/Series I Would Save In the Case of Alien Invasion or Other Natural Disasters. This week was a freebie for our TTT topic, and in the name of some really old fun we had when I first started my blog, I decided to bring this topic back. A fear of mine has always been my house burning down – HOW DO I SAVE MY FAMILY AND MY DOG AND MY BOOKS WITH THESE TWO *very tiny* HANDS. I’m serious about the small hand thing – they’re like permanently child sized.
Also: this is a list that pretends I have twenty extra hands and can carry fifty to one hundred pounds of books all at once. Proceed.
1. Harry Potter series by JK Rowling. Not my new pretty box set – my original copies. So much more sentimental!
2. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo. It’s signed, and the sequel is my favorite over Shadow and Bone. I just couldn’t part with it!
3. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. I could replace Shatter Me and Unravel Me, but Ignite Me is the crown jewel of my shelf right now. New favorite book for sure!
4. Looking for Alaska by John Green. This is one of my favorite books – the kind that sits in the back of your head and you forget about it but then you read a quote or excerpt and all the feels come back and you just sit there like “Oh THAT’S why I loved it.”
5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. It’s easily replaceable, but my copy is underlined and marked up – something I rarely do to books. I’ve only read it once, but it was during a really hard time in my life, and I’ll never forget how not-alone that tiny book made me feel.
6. The Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. So I’ve not even read them yet, nor finished VA, but these are all beautiful, perfect hardbacks. Plus, they used to be Veronica’s, so they’re like children to both of us.
7. The Pushing the Limits series by Katie McGarry. These books convinced me that it’s okay to read a fluffy romance for the heck of it – plus I love them with all my heart! And they’re all beautifully matching hardbacks and they’re just so shiny on my shelf.
8. The Legend series by Marie Lu. They’re all hardback, all signed, and one of my favorite series ever. MUST GRAB.
9. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I’ve recently been hooked onto these – haven’t read Cress yet but I loved Cinder and Scarlet and plus Scarlet is signed!
10. Avalon by Mindee Arnett. Just because it’s a truly incredible sci-fi book and I cannot get enough of every single bit of it ❤
So, bloggers, what we have learned today is that I need the strength of Superman in the case of a disaster. Because realistically I probably would have to grab my HP box set, since they’re all bound together, and run out of my house. Which is a horribly depressing thought and I’m going to go cuddle my books now because I think they feel rejected about me having to think which I would save.
That’s my list for this week – link me yours below!