I’m teaming up with my BFF Veronica (Talking Bookworm) to bring you guys two weeks of awesome features, fun, and, of course, books!
I recently found myself in the possession of some ARCs that I won’t be reading any time soon, and I wanted to give them away to someone who will give them the attention they deserve. And since it’s coming up on my first year anniversary of The Thousand Lives in May, Veronica and I figured we could celebrate a bit early!
Over the next two weeks, until the end of March, Veronica and I will be posting back and forth on our blogs, and working together on some posts as well. If you haven’t followed her yet, click here so you can keep up with all the action!
If you haven’t guessed by the titled on our lovely banner, this giveaway’s theme is Alternate Realities, which is our blanket name for paranormal, fantasy, fairy tale, and post-apocaltypic tales. So if you’re a huge contemporary lover, consider this your entry level course into the unknown! And if you’re a huge fan of these genres, welcome to the club!
Our posts will be split two ways: discussion (code for: fangirling) and fun/interactive games. I’ll be discussing fantasy books (angels and demons!) and fairy tales (you can bet your bottom dollar that the Lunar Chronicles will show up). Veronica will be discussing all things that creep in the night, and the post-apocalyptic stories that make you feel like Radioactive should be playing in the background. Once per week, she and I will combine our efforts and have a bit of fun, and
maybe most likely make fools of ourselves and goof off.
Schedule of Posts:
- Monday 3/17 – I’ll discuss angels and demons, and spotlight our first giveaway book
- Wednesday 3/19 – Alternate Reality trivia crossword puzzle!
- Friday 3/21 – Veronica discusses paranormal novels, and features our second giveaway book
- Monday 3/24 – I’ll discuss the “fairy tales reworked” trend in YA right now, and feature our third giveaway book
- Wednesday 3/26 – Veronica and I will take a survey and comment on each others’ answers. Warning: snark, feels, and lol-ing may occur.
- Friday 3/28 – Veronica discusses post-apocalyptic tales, and spotlights our final giveaway book
- Monday 3/31 – Final wrap up, and announcing the giveaway winners!
“But Kayla, I’ve read all your rambling and I still don’t know what I’m entering for??” I’m so sorry, here’s what you’ve probably been waiting for this whole time:
Grand Prize Winner:
- 1 $10 book of their choice
- ARC of Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
- Paperback of Ignite by Erica Crouch
Runner Up Winner:
- ARC of Her Dark Curiosity by Megan Shepherd
- Paperback of Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer
BOTH winners will also receive a few extra goodies! I won’t spill all our secrets, but I can tell you that one of them is a mix CD made by yours truly that includes over four hours of music!
And now for the boring part: the rules.
- You must be 13 years or older to enter.
- All contestants under the age of 18 must have parental permission to enter.
- All giveaway entries will be received through rafflecopter.
- Book Giveaway ends March 30th, 2014 at 12:00am USA Pacific Coast Time.
- Book Giveaway is open to USA and Canada residents only!
- There will be two winners, a Grand Prize Winner and a Runner Up Winner.
- Winner will be announced and contacted on Monday March 31st, 2014.
- Winners must respond within 48 hours of receiving, “You have won!” message.
- New winner will be drawn if original winner has not responded within the 48 hour period.
- Winner will be determined through the rafflecopter random generator.
- You must trust us with your address or else, no book. Sorry!
I think that’s about it! You can enter below in the rafflecopter box, and make sure to come back for our follow up posts!