Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! Guess what? I didn’t buy any books this week! My ban is successful so far! Although I did have some fantastic times on NetGalley, and I was approved for a few books that I’d been dying to read.
I also found a new CD that I’ve been making grabby hands at for the past few days: All This Bad Blood by Bastille. I’ve been listening to it on youtube for now, and it’s released in stores in the physical format at the end of April. I’m making myself wait, even though I could get the MP3 version now, because just like my books, I prefer physical copies.
Other Life News:
- I’ve been having a bad bout of insomnia again; I can’t fall asleep till 12 or 1 and then I’m up and down all night and waking up far earlier than I have to. I’ve been averaging 5 hours a night for the last week… Tired doesn’t even begin to cover my feelings right now
- I finally read Allegiant, and while it was the most painful book I’ve read in a while, it was also a perfect ending to the series. I can see where some people got so angry, and I was too, but once I stood back and looked at the whole picture, I think the ending was perfectly suited to the themes and morals of the series.
- I’ve been a bit frustrated with my weight loss attempts – I’ve been swinging back and forth between three pounds. I lose them, then gain them, then lose them again. I’m going to keep taking my supplements, but I think if all this continues I’ll get my thyroid tested again. I had some blood tests about two years ago, and they said I was bordering on some stuff, so I’m starting to wonder if I finally tipped the scales and will have something diagnosable. Because this whole protein shake and salads focused diet with zero changes is really starting to kill my morale.
- Veronica and I saw the Divergent movie last Sunday! And other than the dude who so rudely sat RIGHT NEXT TO US IN A WIDE OPEN THEATER and then proceeded to hush us when we fangirled, we had the time of our lives. There were some fumbles here and there, and I think people who haven’t read the book won’t get it as much, but it was nearly as good an adaptation as Catching Fire in my opinion. There wasn’t much that I would have changed!
- My mom and I went shopping at Bath and Body Works since they’re soap was super cheap and we had a coupon on top of that, and I found a new perfume that I’m IN LOVE with! I seriously can’t stop smelling myself. It’s kind of creepy actually. It’s called SKY and it’s kind of flowery and springy – perfect for the weather here in California right now. I sprayed it on the dashboard of my car so it smells good ^_^
If you missed it, this week I:
- explained why I love fairytale retellings
- shared my top five bookish bucket list items
- took a survey with Veronica and we pretty much snarked at each other the whole time
- reviewed Miyuki by Veronica Bane (4/5)
- reviewed The Here and Now by Ann Brashares (2/5)
- reviewed Far From You by Tess Sharpe (4/5)
What’s coming up this week?
- Veronica and I will announce the winners of our Alternate Reality Giveaway (Monday)
- I participate in Top Ten Tuesday and share some books that got me into or back into reading (Tuesday)
- I’m going to review Allegiant by Veronica Roth (Wednesday)
- I’m going to share some of my fears about my reading future (Thursday)
- I’ll review Big Fat Disaster by Beth Fehlbaum (Friday)
Hope you all have a good week!