Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! I’m now on spring break from teaching my classes, and WOW this is some much needed resting time! I haven’t been the machine of efficiency I had hoped for, but I’m less stressed so that’s a plus.
Stacking the Shelves
Last week my BFF Veronica bought me a very-early birthday present, Across the Universe, and this week she surprised me with another, Steelheart! (birthday is not till June, but she decided to spoil me!) I had owned another copy, but I lent it to a certain person who shall not be named, and he never returned it -_- I also won The Bone Season from the grand opening giveaway from Oh, the Books!
And then – what’s that?? Library books?? I know, I know. I caved. I’ve been craving contemporary books, and since I own so few, I had to search out some more. And there’s the fruits of my labor: Jellicoe Road and Love, Stargirl.
I also stopped by the used bookstore, and with the credit I have I bought a few Karen Kingsbury books – all of these for $4.30! I was pretty proud of my shopping right there 😉 I’ve read Shades of Blue before, and loved it, so I wanted to read it again and then try some others out.
Not much has happened this week, other than the fact that I’ve written TWO chapters of my WIP! That’s got to be a record or something 😀 I’m more than ahead of my NaNo goal, which is a hugely satisfying feeling. But really, the big news is…
When this post publishes, I’ll be at day two of the LA Times Festival of Books! Today I’m seeing Veronica Roth, Ava Dellaira, Sarah J. Maas, Marissa Meyer, Leigh Bardugo, and more! Hopefully I’ll keep a cool head and have intelligent conversations, but I make no promises!
I’ll make a recap post of all my adventures sometime later this week – keep an eye out for it!
If you missed it, last week I:
- recapped my first week of Camp NaNo
- shared eight of the most unique books I’ve read
- helped with the cover reveal for Eliza Crewe’s Crushed! There’s an international giveaway as well – still time to enter!
- showed you seven things you can do with your Harry Potter books after you’ve read them
- reviewed Torn Away by Jennifer Brown (four stars)
- started a playlist for Noah and Echo – help me gather some more songs before suggestions close down on Wednesday!
What’s coming up this week?
- Monday – The Writing Life: Camp NaNo Update 2
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Item Wishlist
- Wednesday – Review Roundup: Contemporary Books
- Thursday – Recap of my experience at the LA festival of books!
- Friday – Let’s Make a Playlist For… Celaena Sardothian!
- Saturday – Review of Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne
Hope you all have a good week!