Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! I had a very busy week, but also uneventful. Is that a possible combination?
Stacking the Shelves
Nothing this week! Hooray for the book ban being back in place! Although the only reason I’m using so much restraint is because several books come out next month that I just HAVE to get a copy of 😀
In other news…
Let’s just get my latest music obsession out of the way (I always seem to find a new song/artist/album to rave over, don’t I?): Lindsey Stirling’s “Shatter Me”. I have her first album, and loved it, but this new song – WOW. Totally blew me away, and after I read a few of her interviews, I can totally see her theme of breaking out of shells. Definitely seems to be my life theme right now, so I’m sure the whole album will be right up my alley. It comes out this Tuesday, and I plan on getting my butt down to Target so I can get the deluxe version!
And because I can’t get enough of her stuff:
That’s really about all that’s happened this week. School starts again tomorrow, and I’ve been running crazy trying to prep all my lessons and getting the last minute stuff set up. Four more weeks till summer! It’s kind of weird to have two weeks off, then on for four, and then out for three months, but… hey, whatever floats the boat.
The contemporary binge is still on! I’ve redirected the need to my ARCs now, thank God they’re mostly contemporary reads. I’m interspersing a reread of the entire Pushing the Limits series throughout, so I’m getting the best of both worlds. I have so many Isaiah and Noah feels that I fear my heart might burst ❤
If you missed it, last week I:
- recapped my third week of NaNo
- shared the top ten characters and books that inspire me
- fangirled over Open Road Summer by Emery Lord (a “there aren’t enough stars in the world” rating!)
- complained about my current reading mood and took a look at my habits from the last three months
- reviewed The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder (four stars)
What’s coming up this week?
- Monday – The Writing Life: Camp NaNo Update 4 – the final lap!
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday: Books to Read If You Like…
- Wednesday – Review of A Girl Called Fearless by Catherine Linka
- Thursday – Wild card! Who knows what I’ll end up doing!
- Friday – Either a review of Second Star by Alyssa Sheinmel, or a review roundup
Hope you all have a good week!