Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! School is out, and while I loved my students and truly enjoy teaching, I’m ready for a summer break. We’ve got a lot going on in our family right now, and it’s all bubbling up again, so the extra hours in the week will give me time to help them and make sure I can help in any way without worrying about having to work both jobs. This was a hard week, Friday in particular, but now I have four days off work and I’m looking forward to sleeping and recharging.
Stacking the Shelves
So I kind of broke my book ban again, but FOR GOOD REASON! I’m only allowed these two, plus Take Me On this week, and then I’m on a hard, zero-books entirely, ban until the end of June. Because my my mom would murder me if I buy more books when its my birthday month because I always end up ruining her plans and buy stuff she wanted to get me. But for this month, I couldn’t resist!
I finished Huntley Fitzpatrick’s What I Thought Was True last week, and I’ve heard that My Life Next Door is even better. I had a 25% off coupon, and I’d had a very long and hard day at work (RUDE patients – seriously, how hard is it to have common courtesy and be on time for appointments??), so I went off to BN and picked it up! My debate was between hardback and paperback, and in the end I went hardback because it was about $5 more and that means that both my books from Fitzpatrick are hardback 😀
The next day I was out with my sister and mom, and we ended up at BN again, where I couldn’t help but get To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han. I had another 25% off coupon, so really I was saving money. Shhh, that’s what I tell myself. But it was so pretty – the title looks like sharpie!
In other news…
- Take Me On is released this week! I can’t wait to run off and get my copy! I’ll probably read it that night, and most likely stay up way past when I should have been asleep 😀
- I’m binge movie watching this weekend: Gimme Shelter, The Hobbit (2), and 12 Years a Slave. I’m watching Gimme Shelter right now, and it’s alternately making me so angry at how the world works but it’s also incredibly touching and I love it, and I’m not even halfway through. So I highly recommend it for sure! I’m not a fan of Vanessa Hudgens, but I can’t even see HER, it’s the character she’s playing. So A+ to that girl for acting!
- Something very very special happened on the last day of my World Literature class. I tend to have a more… exuberant… teaching style: constantly moving and using my hands to talk and using a lot of examples from popular movies and books and generally getting too excited about the books we’re studying because BOOKS. We’ve actually had some moments where I blatantly ask them: doesn’t this make you excited?? Most of the time the answer is no, but there’s one girl who always gets my references and jokes and generally makes teaching 10x better because I see her eyes light up in the back of the room and it makes everything worth it. She missed the last day of class, but that night she sent me this email:
- Honestly it was the most touching thing I’ve ever heard in the last two years of working at the school. Like, WOW, I’ve actually impacted someone. It honestly blew my mind and I was totally speechless!
What’s coming up this week?
- Monday – Review of The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books On My Birthday Wishlist
- Wednesday – WWW Wednesday
- Thursday – Wild card! Who knows what I’ll end up doing!
- Friday – Review of… something 😛 Possibly Take Me On by Katie McGarry!
Hope you all have a good week!