Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! I think I’ve finally settled into the swing of summertime and not having classes to teach or prepare for. It’s a bit weird, only working part time, but it’s actually pretty nice now.
Stacking the Shelves
So… you know that whole “book ban” thing? Yeah, I don’t know what you’re talking about either. BUT I HAD MORE COUPONS AND THEY WERE SUPER CHEAP AND I COULDN’T SAY NO.
Of course, I needed Where She Went, since the movie is coming out in a little less than two months now. And Say What You Will has been on my radar for a few weeks now, and I’ve heard nothing but positive feedback. Plus, I’m running out of contemporaries to read, and I’m still binging on that genre, so really I saved myself from a reading slump.
And OH MAN have I got some amazing news for my NetGalley haul:
I mean, can life get any better?? I about fell off my bed when I woke up and checked my email to see the approval notice from Bloomsbury for Heir of Fire. And Crushed is one I’ve been waiting for for what seems like forever, after I finished the first book Cracked last year. Another awesome thing: my review for Cracked is blurbed on the NG page for Crushed, AND the book’s website!
In other news…
- I think Tuesday was like the BEST day I’ve had in a long time. Right when I woke up, I got that email for Heir of Fire. Ten minutes later, I was DMed by Francine, and did a quick interview for her blog, Fluffy Reads! Then I did my morning routine, and then – hold your breath – I wore a tank top AND shorts together! *happy dance* Maybe this means I’ll start working up to actually wearing a bathing suit 😀 After I got home from running some errands, I was emailed by Lisa at Read. Breathe. Relax. about a giveaway I had won. AND OH MY GOD THE GIVEAWAY!!! It was for a whole set of the TMI books, PLUS a TMI sweatshirt! I almost fell off the couch, and I’m pretty sure the noises I made would have split ear drums. So yes, Tuesday was lovely ❤
- I took my mom out to see Maleficent for an early birthday celebration, and we both really enjoyed it! The ending was a wee bit rushed for our taste, but the glorious graphics made up for it. Plus, MALEFICENT. Can I have a poster of her beauty so I can stare at it every night??
In case you missed it, last week I…
- Reviewed the ARC of Essence by Lisa Ann O’Kane (2 stars)
- Shared the top
tenseven books I want to take to the beach with me
- Reviewed the ARC of Breaking Free by Abby Sher (3 stars)
- Shared my journey for Mental Health Awareness Month
- Reviewed Take Me On by Katie McGarry (6 stars)
What’s coming up this week?
- Monday – Review of My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday: Best Books of the Year So Far
- Wednesday – NEW FEATURE! Saturated Reading: What I Thought Was True
- Thursday – Mental Health Awareness Month: Books I’ve read and Books I Want to Read that focus on MH
- Friday – Review of… whatever book I’m in the mood for 😛
Hope you all have a good week!