Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! I had a mostly quiet week, after my five-day vacation from all work entirely (when the doctor is out, the whole office is out!). Wednesday was super slow, since I’d slept very little and was fighting a nasty sinus headache. But then something very, very exciting showed up on my doorstep…
Stacking the Shelves
I won a giveaway about a week ago, and I thought, noooo it’s not here yet, and the box is too small. But then I saw the return address, and it turns out it was from Miranda! She had mentioned a surprise a few weeks ago, but with my crap memory it totally slipped my mind. And then it was there and… I just… I cried. No exaggeration here. I ripped open the box, saw the tote, and just started weeping. Out of all the BEA haul posts I’ve read, the one thing I couldn’t contain my jealousy about was that Throne of Glass tote. I could forgive the Heir of Fire ARCs and the Talon ARCs, but the tote? Oh man, bad blogger envy over here. BUT THEN IT’S THERE ON MY COUNTER IN MY HANDS and I just about died ❤ Honestly, my day would have been made just by that.
After reading Miranda’s letter (cue more happy tears), I opened up the bag at her prompting and saw the books inside. Imagine more crying and squealing. First was Faking Normal, which I’d just mentioned in my Top Ten Tuesday wishlist a few weeks ago, and second was Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (in hardback: I felt so special!). Both were ones I’d been dying to read, but never got around to buying/borrowing. And then I saw Since You’ve Been Gone, and I’ll admit I was confused. Miranda knew I had run out to buy my copy the first day it was released, but then I read the letter again (see – tears make you skip lines!) and saw a post it in the inner cover, opened it, and *hallelujah chorus*
Thankyouthankyouthankyou a million times over to Miranda for this amazing birthday gift. I wish I could express it better or give you a hug or something but I guess this will have to do!
Seriously, you guys are making this a birthday month rather than just one day – I just feel so special!
And then yesterday I shamelessly capitalized on Barnes and Noble’s habit of putting books on shelves early and… *drumroll please*
At first I walked in and couldn’t find it, and was a wee bit devastated (never mind the fact that I was expecting a book four days before it’s technically released). But then I saw the paperback of Siege and Storm, and a bunch of other books that I know aren’t released till the 17th as well. So I may have almost pulled a belligerent customer moment and nearly asked someone to go in the back because I knew they’d be there and YOU CANNOT HIDE THIS BOOK FROM ME. Almost. I mean, I contemplated it.
Luckily, I didn’t have to experience what it was like to be escorted out of a bookstore, because I rounded the corner and it was like the heavens parted and angels started singing. And there it was! So now I’m able to read it before I go to the Fierce Reads tour on Tuesday!
In other news…
- My car broke down. Again. I should now what’s wrong with it tomorrow, but until then my mom and I are stuck with trading her car back and forth. Now… I drive a VW Bug. She drives a Kia Sedona. Her car is like three times as long as mine, and it’s a V6 engine. Sooooo it’s taking me a while to get used to its size and power. I suck at parking in the first place, but now it’s three times as hard. As for turning? Well…
I’m so sorry momI may have run over a curb or two. So hopefully I’ll have my car back by Tuesday morning so I can drive my little Fiona to the Fierce Reads tour!
In case you missed it, last week I…
- Reviewed My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick (6 stars!)
- Shared the top ten books I’ve read this year so far (I cheated and did thirteen)
- Debuted my new feature, Saturated Reads, incorporating my emotion-color synesthesia with my cover snobbery, with What I Thought Was True
- Asked whether you reread books or not
- Reviewed Paradigm by Ceri A. Lowe (2 stars)
What’s coming up this week?
- Monday – Review of Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Summer TBR (we’ll see if I actually stick with it this time)
- Wednesday – Saturated Reads: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before
- Thursday – Discussion of… something!
- Friday – Review of Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
Hope you all have a good week!