Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! I was much busier this week, what with my car issues and my coworker getting sick so I had to pick up an extra shift. But I had the day off yesterday so I was able to relax and catch up a bit on some rest and errands. Who knew that I would look forward to having time to go grocery shopping?
Stacking the Shelves
Two weeks ago I won a giveaway through Lisa @ Read. Breathe. Relax. and Simon & Schuster, and the package arrived this Tuesday! It was much quicker than I thought, and did a little jig when I picked it up and brought it inside. I was so excited to get my hands on City of Heavenly Fire – now I may actually finish the series! My sister was more than happy to receive the other books, so now she has her own set sans CoHF. And of course the jacket is mine, and it fits perfectly! Plus, it’s SO SOFT. I wish it wasn’t summer here so I could wear it all the time.
I also bought a new bookcase! Target had it for $18 (thank you Veronica for letting me know!), and it’s in a perfect expresso color that matches the rest of my furniture. I’ve been overflowing my bookshelves lately, and it was time for some expansion. Thus, two hours later, with many screams of irritation and misplaced screws (but no smashed thumbs – yay!), I built this:
It actually turned into a “my favorite books/series” case. Shelf one is contemporary, shelf two is fantasy (ish), and shelf three is sci-fi (ish). I threw some paranormal in there as well. The top of the case is for the Pushing the Limits series, since it didn’t fit into the first shelf, and then the right spot will be for my current read (in this case, Dreams of Gods and Monsters).
Aren’t they beautiful? I was so proud 😀 It took me a while to figure out which books should go on the shelves, but finally I accomplished that daunting task. There’s a bit of room next to Days of Blood and Starlight where book three will go when I’m finished crying over it.
The sucky part of this is that shelf three will need rearranging in a few short months when series are continued or completed (Winter, This Shattered World, Blue Lily Lily Blue, Echoes of Us, The Treatment, Unraveled). BUT I refuse to worry about that now. And anyway, I have two full shelves on my other case that are now empty. Hooray for cheap and easy bookish projects!
In other news…
- My car was finally repaired, after being in the shop for five days. I felt like I was sixteen again, trying to shuffle the one car around. Except sixteen year old me didn’t work, and eighteen year old me does. So that was so much fun… *sarcasm* They first told me the repairs would cost $1800 (I had a wee meltdown during my lunch break), due to a water pump, timing belt, radiator fan, and labor. But then we took it to another shop and they said that it was only the radiator fan and low on coolant, so that ended up costing about $700. The timing belt will need to be replaced eventually, but that’s not for another 10K miles at least. I’m just glad everything worked out and I didn’t have to spend the extra $1100 O_O
- In happier news, I was able to make it to the Fierce Reads tour in San Diego! I’ve got a huge recap post scheduled, so I won’t say much here, but it was BEYOND fun, and it was so nice seeing Leigh again and tell her how much I loved Ruin and Rising.
- In just seven days, I’ll be nineteen. Yeah, next Sunday. I alternate between being quite startled and completely forgetting about it. NINETEEN. How did that happen?? It seems like just yesterday I turned eighteen. Hopefully this next year will keep improving for me.
In case you missed it, last week I…
- Reviewed Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern (4 stars)
- Shared the top ten books on my summer TBR list
- Saturated To All the Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han
- Rambled about my makeup routine and my current favorite TV shows
- Reviewed Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens (4 stars, but I think I’m changing it to 5)
What’s coming up this week? (Hint: it’s a Laini Taylor week)
- Monday – Review of Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday: Cover Trends I Like
- Wednesday – Saturated Reads: Days of Blood and Starlight
- Thursday – Fierce Reads Recap!
- Friday – Review of Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor.
Hope you all have a good week!