Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! This week was absolutely crazy, and I was a bit burnt out Friday night. But I spent some time blogging in my bed and turned on my new wax melty thing; it smells like lilac and jasmine, and I’m pretty sure there’s some lavender in there too. It’s very soothing, and almost put me to sleep. All better now!
Stacking the Shelves
Nothing this week! I’ve been really good on my book ban (for one whole week – I think that’s a record), but I did put in a preorder for two books. GASP – KAYLA, PREORDERING? I know, I know. But it was the Four short stories and Midnight Thief, and they were so cheap online that together they cost $25. So yeah, I preordered. I caved. Oh the sham of a life I’ve been living! And now I’m totally thinking of preordering more often because I have the BN membership so free shipping is a win. I’ll just have to keep track of my money, but that’s good habit anyway.
Oh, wait, I did get one NetGalley book – Sway by Kat Spears. SO EXCITED! Especially since that new cover has been revealed – it’s 10 times better than the one before.
In other news…
- Parajunkee put out this AMAZING blogging scheduler! It’s for July – December of this year, and it’s absolutely adorable and enormously functional. Check out the link here – it may still be free! I printed mine out through Staples and had it bound – it cost about $6, and they put clear covers on both ends to make it sort of a journal. Color printing was more expensive, but I think if I use it a lot I may print the next one out in color if I use it that much.
- In other news… it is officially my birthday today!!! The big 1-9. Whoop whoop! Honestly I kept forgetting about it until my mom demanded to know what I wanted to do. We’re going to my second parent’s (aren’t I cool? I have two sets of parentals) house and barbecuing over there. Very laid back – exactly how I like it. I may even get some reading done! Also: keep an eye out for some giveaways in the next month! It’s not just my birthday – The Thousand Lives turns one as well!
In case you missed it, last week I…
- Reviewed Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor (6 stars – OH MY GOD NEW FAVORITE)
- Shared my Top Ten Cover Elements I Like/Dislike (COVER SNOBS UNITE)
- Saturated Days of Blood and Starlight (taste the rainbow)
- Recapped the San Diego Fierce Reads Event (I grew a pair and finally asked an author for a picture)
- Reviewed Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (6 stars – OH MY GOD NEW FAVORITE, the remix)
What’s coming up this week?
- Monday – Review: My Best Friend Death by Michael Anthony (get ready for a rant)
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday: Classic Books
- Wednesday – Saturated Reads: The Museum of Intangible Things
- Thursday – Top Ten Autobuy Authors that I Own the Most Books from (Veronica tagged me!)
- Friday – Review: The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
Hope you all have a good week!