Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! I was working a lot this week before the 4th of July, but I have a three day weekend so that’s nice. Last Sunday (my birthday) was really laid back and fun – my best guy friend ended up convincing me to go get fireworks with him, and then I made him take me to two different Barnes and Nobles so I could spend some of my birthday money. Then on the 4th we ended up shooting off about $200 worth of sparklers and fountains – and annoying the neighbors. Their next door neighbor is crazy sauce, and he lit three strings of firecrackers and chucked them over the fence at us. One fell right at my feet and snapped on my ankles before I could run away. All good fun 😛
Stacking the Shelves
To put it simply: the book ban is broken. And I think I did a spectacular job of breaking it! I was so blessed by my family and friends with gift cards and whatnot, and I had a blast picking up all these pretties:
- Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
- Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan (because Lisa was fangirling so hard!)
- Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
- Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau
- Free to Fall by Lauren Miller (Aimee and I will be tandem reading it next weekend!)
- Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Klam
- The Treatment by Suzanne Young (I was going back and forth, but Andi said it was good, and I trust her)
- Scan by Sarah Fine (Cait calls it a “guy flick” in her review – aliens and explosions – perfect for me!)
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski (from my mom – already read it and LOVED it!)
- Plus One by Elizabeth Fama (currently reading – it’s interesting so far)
- Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken (I haven’t even read book 1 but it was super cheap)
- Eon and Eona by Alison Goodman (DRAGONS)
- Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge (I had an ARC, but never read it because I knew I wanted a finished copy. And now here it is!)
I also have a few books coming in next week that I ordered, so I’m anxiously awaiting those as well. When they come in, I think I’ll be set for my reading for at least two months! Probably three 😀 Honestly, I don’t even have a burning desire to read any specific one, because I want to read them all equally! So I’ve got plenty to choose from, whether I’m in a contemporary, sci-fi, or fantasy mood.
My mom also surprised me with the TFiOS soundtrack – *melts again*. It’s so perfect for the entire mood of the book; I still haven’t seen the movie, but I’m sure it’s perfect too. SO. MANY. FEELS. Especially track 5 (I don’t even know the names yet), and I love Boom Clap. I turn it way up when I’m driving to work every morning.
I also splurged and bought the disc (I had rented it from iTunes before) of Ten Inch Hero. I first watched it for Jensen Ackles, but it’s actually a really good movie! If you love cheesy, indie-ish, goofbally feel-good sorts of movies. It gives me the warm fuzzies ❤
In other news…
- I love all of you. Seriously ❤ All my birthday wishes on twitter and on my blog were the sweetest things to read all that day!
- It’s blazing hot here in California – it’s been a solid 100F all week, and nastily humid on top of that. I’ve resigned myself to being what I call “permanently damp” for the next three months – I’ve just not stopped sweating. Thank God for air conditioning and fans!
In case you missed it, last week I…
- Reviewed My Best Friend Death by Michael Anthony (RANTTTT)
- Shared my top ten classics that I love or want to read
- Saturated The Museum of Intangible Things (and made the cover 10x creepier)
- Listed my most owned authors that are also on my auto buy list (tagged by Veronica)
- Reviewed The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas (hooray for high fantasy!)
What’s coming up this week?
- Monday – Review: Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton (reread review)
- Tuesday – First blogoversary celebration and international giveaway!
- Wednesday – Saturated Reads: Ronan and Kavinsky from The Dream Thieves
- Thursday – 30 YA Books that Changed My World
- Friday – Review: The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Hope you all have a good week!