Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Check out their blog here!
Today’s TTT topic is: Top Ten Favorite Movies and TV Shows. Well, now that I think about it, I really don’t watch all that much TV (I specialize in rewatching Supernatural), but we’ll see how this goes.
1. Supernatural. The main source of all my feels – I’m currently rewatching all the seasons for the third time through, and it’s giving me ALLLL THE PAIN. My poor babies Dean and Sammy. Also: season 7 isn’t as horrid as I remembered.
2. Spongebob Squarepants. I’ve been watching this for about ten years now, and I still watch an episode or two if I have time during breakfast. I’m pretty sure my Algebra II class I taught last year spoke in 100% Spongebob quotes.
3. Avatar: The Last Airbender. Also the reason I love Netflix – MARATHON ALL THE EPISODES. Seriously, every episode is gold. Somehow I need to get all the seasons on DVD.
oh my god they’re only $13 each on Amazon I neeeeeeedddddddd itttttt.
4. Avatar: The Legend of Korra. Totally a different category than the first show. I love the whole “old tradition meets new technology” issue (that was a favorite of mine to study in school), and even though it’s a lot darker than the first series (hello – season one finale?? I was freaking out), I still love it. Season three is fabulous, and I hate waiting each week for the new episodes.
5. Sherlock. I still haven’t watched the final episode of season three (so so scared), but it’s one of my favorites for sure. I watched it for Cumberbatch, and stayed for the feels and awesome episodes.
6. Anything Marvel. Don’t even ask me to pick my favorite in the whole collection. But anything they put in theaters – I’m there! I’d have to say that Iron Man 3 was pretty awesome though, simply because Tony Stark kicked anxiety’s ass and that was probably the coolest moment I’ve ever had in a movie theater.
7. Anything Disney. I’m pretty sure I could sing any of the songs in my sleep. I also went through a period in college (dark times, those), where I watched Lion King at least once a day.
8. Anything Pixar. BRAVE!!!!!! That’s all. (But Wall-E <3)
9. The Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Hobbit movies. Extended editions, of course! I grew up on LOTR, and can probably recite the lines along with the movie.
10. Juno. I watch this movie when I’m feeling wistful – the quiet pace of the movie and the feel-good themes just let me float for a few hours.
11. Okay… this is entirely Meg’s fault. I didn’t add this till 10PM Monday night. But I marathoned 13 episodes (as of right now… who knows how long I’ll stay up for this show), so I think it deserves a mention. And that show is… Attack on Titan. Yup. *cue Meg’s freaking out* My thoughts during the first episode were “WTF”, but then episode two and three came and… well… ADDICTED.
That’s my list for this week – link me yours below!