Well hello Sunday my old friend. I can’t believe another week has passed again! Yet another busy week at work, but at least it makes the time pass quickly! But I get Friday through Tuesday off, so I spent all Friday being a general waste of society and marathoning Netflix shows. But hey – I’ve got a bunch of posts scheduled for next week and I read some really great books, so really what is the downside here?
Stacking the Shelves
And the book ban breaking continues! Some of the books I preordered, or ones that didn’t show up till this week, finally came in, and I think I may be excited more than last week??
Aren’t they pretty??? After I fell in love with Nina LaCour’s writing in Everything Leads to You, I had to get her other two books, Hold Still and The Disenchantments. And after Jo’s rave review, I had to get There Will Come a Time by Carrie Arcos. BRING ON THE FEELS. And to satiate the sci-fi/fantasy/paranormal side of me, I preordered three books that were released on the 8th: Four (Veronica Roth), Midnight Thief (Livia Blackburne), and Where Silence Gathers (Kelsey Sutton). I NEED MORE TIME IN MY WEEK TO READ ALL THESE BOOKS. IT’S A SERIOUS PROBLEM.
In other news…
- It’s still blazing hot in California. Though it was nice (nice meaning like 90F with a breeze) on Friday – at like 8 in the morning. I didn’t go outside after that. I think I need to start carrying around a cup of ice with me wherever I go.
- Last Sunday, in my never-ending attempts to manage the thyroid issue my doctor won’t quite call hypothyroidism because it’s “on the border”, I’ve started the Paleo diet. Lots of veggies and fruit over here! I had already gone gluten-free, so it wasn’t horribly painful, but OH MY GOD I MISS DAIRY. SPECIFICALLY MILK. But other than that, I actually don’t miss sweets all that much. Sometimes I want a chocolate chip or two, but it’s easy to ignore that. And I have a lot more energy, and I’m sleeping better. So – week one is a success! Oh, and I lost four pounds since I went gluten free, so now adding the Paleo thing I’m pretty sure I’ll finally start seeing some progress.
In case you missed it, last week I…
- Re-Reviewed Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton (still loved it!)
- Celebrated my first blogoversary! There’s an international giveaway going till the end of the month!
- Saturated Ronan and Kavinsky from Maggie Stiefvater’s The Dream Thieves
- Shared the 30 YA books that changed my world
- Reviewed The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski
What’s coming up this week?
- Monday – Review: Plus One by Elizabeth Fama
- Tuesday – Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Movies and TV Shows
- Wednesday – Saturated Reads: Faking Normal by Courtney C. Stevens
- Thursday – Discussion: I’m a Forgiving Reader
- Friday – Review: Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
Hope you all have a good week!