Once again, I am coming to you all with an extraordinarily important request: it’s my sister’s birthday on the 25th this month, and I want to get her a big stack of books! That being said, I want to get the right ones, so I need some help picking them out!
- Sarah Dessen – has read Lock and Key and What Happened to Goodbye, but didn’t like The Truth About Forever
- Entwined by Heather Dixon
- Twilight and The Host by Stephanie Meyer
- The Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter
- Gale Carlson Levine (Fairest, especially)
- Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
- The Faerie Path by Allan Frewin Jones
- Shannon Hale (Goose Girl, in particular)
- Fairy tale retellings
- Feel good books
- Oh, and as Angie from Disquietus reminded me, Brooke LOVES mermaids!
She does not like:
- Too much sex. Anything more than one or two passionate kisses is too much
- Cursing. No F-bombs especially. Keep it clean!
- Too heavy subjects. Dessen’s Dreamland would be one of them.
- A lot of science fiction – I think The Host is the most sci-fi she’s gotten. And yes, I have Cinder, so I might try to get her into that one.
Oh, and she’ll be turning 16! I’ll probably end up buying a collection of Dessen novels, but I want to get her some variety and I don’t know all the best authors yet!
So pleaseeee take some time and suggest some of your favorite books that fall in the categories above! If they deviate a bit, just explain why! I may have forgotten a bullet point or two 🙂
I’m taking suggestions all the way through to the 21st or 22nd (Saturday/Sunday) – so spread this around if you can!
HUGE thanks from the bottom of my heart in advance!!!